Friday, November 14, 2008

Muppets - Mahna Mahna

It's Friday and this is sort of how I'm feeling.

11 comments:

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Oh Stella!! You made my day! I don't know how, but there must be some psychic energy floating around because, I'm not kidding, two nights ago, I was trying to explain this skit to my kids. I don't know what put it in my head, but there it was, and the kids thought I was crazy!

HA! Eeerriieeeee

Stella said...

Ha, that is eerie. My son found this clip on YouTube some time ago and played it over and over. That silly tune has a way of sticking with you. I found myself humming it while in the shower, shelving books, cooking dinner, etc. Hope your kids enjoyed it.

Does anybody know what those pink critters are called?

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

It's a mystery! But I love them! I remember the first version was actually on Sesame Street. It most have been in the 60s. I was little then. This one came from the Muppet Show. Isn't it funny how things can translate from kids to adults!

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Oh wow, this was always one of my favourite Sesame Street skits.

Funny how as a kid, I saw the mahna mahna guy as being the difficult one and thought it was funny that he kept breaking out into other stuff.

Now as an adult? All I see is the pink dudes using extreme peer pressure to keep him fitting within a certain box of normal. Probably because I have kids who refuse to fit in boxes. And cuz I'm weird. :P

Wow, still hilarious, though. Thanks for finding that for me. I'll be humming it all day. :D

Terry said...

The funniest thing about this is your tag. I think it's hysterical that this expresses how you're feeling!

I think they're bizarro cows with jack o'lantern mouths. Mahna Mahna for now.

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the muppets! :)Are you the little red-haired monster or one of the pink ones?

Stella said...

Gotta say, I think I'm probably more like the little red-haired guy. I don't always go with the flow. And I do love the Muppets! One of my favorite Christmas movies is the Muppets Christmas Carol.

derek said...

i like the end

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I came by just to listen to this again this morning. It fits my mood. :)

Linda D. (sbk) said...

*gasp* I just played this for my 12 yo son. He was not amused. What's wrong with kids today?? He didn't even crack a smile except for at the very end.

"It was ... interesting," he said in a bored voice and walked away.

grrr

Stella said...

Well, maybe he's not old enough to appreciate it. You have to be very young or well past 20 I think. I heard my DH humming this last night while puttering around in the garage.