Well, I guess it's now official. My poetry critique group, The Poet's Garage, is having a collection of their poems published by Marshall Cavendish sometime in 2010 and I'm thrilled to say at least two of my poems will be included in the collection!
Fourteen of us pulled together a collection of our poems and our two moderators and accomplished poets, Jennifer Judd and Laura Wynkoop, were truly the key to finally getting it accepted. They submitted it many times before Marshall Cavendish expressed an interest in picking it up. We knew it was an unusual and risky proposition but, despite the odds, Laura and Jen persisted and their diligence finally payed off. So, yay!!! We're thrilled about this project and can't wait to see our poems in print. All 14 of us will be represented (we were a little worried somebody would be left out).
I must say, I never imagined this project as my first published book but it's exciting. Hooray Poet's Garage!
8 comments:
Stella, that's fantastic!! Congratulations--and it's the perfect month for your news. :)
Great news, Stella! 2010 will be here before we know it.
Thanks Becky and Terry. It's a lot of work. Right now we're all trying to squeeze in a couple of more poems.
What a wonderful story, Stella. Congratulations to all of you! I can't wait to get my copy.
I am so excited and happy to hear that all 14 will be included! What a delicious surprise.
Thanks, Heather and Elliah. We are thrilled to make it into the book! I'm hoping that perhaps this will open a few doors for us in the publishing world (but I'm trying not getting my hopes up too much. I never imagined that my first venture into publishing would be poetry. I always considered myself more of a fiction writer.
excellent work ma, i gotta check out your poetry sometime.
And maybe learn how to use capital letters, Sean (wink).
Post a Comment