Friday, September 26, 2008

Five Things On A Friday

1. Colds suck, even when you're home with a cup of hot tea, your computer on your lap and away from your day job. This is second day I've kept myself home from work with this nasty thing. Achoo!

2. Boxes of new books are one of the best parts of being a librarian. I got to spend a little more on new books this year (hooray!). Still, it's not enough. Among my new acquisitions are Living Color, by Steve Jenkins; The Underneath, by Kathi Appelt; Shooting the Moon, by Francis Dowell; Frankie Stein, by Lola Schafer; Diary of a Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney; The Percy Jackson series, by Rick Riordan; The Arrival, by Shawn Tan, The Magic Thief, by Sarah Prineas, and many others. Lots of great nonfiction and poetry, too. It's like Christmas.

3. My youngest finally moved into his own place in Long Beach - a mere 15 minutes from work. Actually, he's sharing a house with 2 friends. They have little furniture (that will happen in time) and he's very excited about having a real job with benefits and living independently. We are too!

4. Tomorrow my husband is running the Hamptons Marathon out in East Hampton. He's been training for it for months. Unfortunately, the forecast is rain. Ugh. We hope it's gone by the time of the race. His goal is to run it under 4 hours so he can qualify for Boston. Go Dennis!

5. I sold an article to the SCBWI Bulletin in July. Don't think I ever posted this bit of news, though. It will be published sometime in the future (as opposed to the past?). No saying when. I hope it's within the year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything except the cold! Can't wait to see your article. And good luck to your husband--amazing to think of someone doing 26 miles in the time I did 13!

Stella said...

Ah, you finished your 13 miler! That's great,Becky. Congratulations. Who cares how long it takes? Thanks for stopping by. I've been out of the blogging lane for a while.

DeenaML said...

Hope you are feeling better!

I linked over from a comment you made on Author2Author. A parent really didn't want books with adopted children to be on the shelves??? TOO FUNNY! Thanks for your comment!

Stella said...

Unfortunately, it's all too true. Sometimes you can't make this stuff up. We were ready to call the ACLU on this one, honestly! Some parents truly need a life.

Thanks for stopping by@