
I just want to take a moment to wish all you mommies out there a very happy Mother's Day. For me, this day is bitter sweet. My boys served me breakfast in bed which was great of them. Tonight they're taking me out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Joelle. I'm lucky to have two wonderful, healthy sons.
At the same time, I miss my own mom who died last summer in a car accident. I found an old postcard from her today on top of the fridge featuring Conway Castle in Wales. Funny, because lately I've been doing some research on castles as the beginning of my WIP is set in one.
Anyhow, above is an old photo of Derek, Dennis and I not too long after we brought Derek home. He was about 3 months old. We look so young.
Oh yeah, we were.
4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day (belated!). I'm sorry about your mom--I'm sure there are many days that her loss makes harder. But your boys sound wonderful--breakfast AND dinner! :)
Gorgeous, Stella! And Happy Mother's day to you, too! I just wanted to cuddle my kiddies all day long, and that's basically what I did.
My DH was bumming that I made dinner, but our budget wouldn't really allow for a family night out. But he did make me steak and pancakes for breakfast!
Thanks, guys. I haven't had time to blog much lately. Too busy with writing projects. I guess that's a good thing, right?
Happy belated Mom's Day, Stella. I was thinking about you on Sunday - knew it would be a tough day for you. Sounds like your family took good care of you. :D
Post a Comment